Forum: Ruby vim 7 ruby omni-complete 0.4

77ec40c374b48e0048256aa9325ac35d?d=identicon&s=25 Mark Guzman (Guest)
Once again after some work and outside contribution we have another
release

If you missed the original announcement, rubycomplete provides a vim7
omni-completion function (code completion) for vim. It is based on
complete.rb, pycomplete.vim and ccomplete.vim. Any input is welcome.

I've joined up with the vim-ruby team, so you'll find rubycomplete.vim
in cvs at
http://vim-ruby.rubyforge.org in addition to my site which will only
carry my full
releases.

Whats New:

 * In-buffer class parsing and completion - You can now complete methods
for classes
     defined in the current buffer. If you are within a class
definition, the completion
     code assumes your referencing self. Vim will attempt to load any
inherited classes and
     included modules as required.

 * Initial rails support - rubycomplete now attempts to figure out if
your editing a file
     that is part of a rails project. If configured to do so, it will
load the rails
     environment ala script/console to allow completion of rails
objects.

 * Bugfixes - missing some range variable definitions
            - fun crash when completing the list of global symbols

http://blog.hasno.info/blog/segfault/dev/2006/04/1...
  --mark
47b36de21d7ecbc824c81d24802a6290?d=identicon&s=25 Minkoo Seo (pool007)
on 2006-04-20 13:43
Hi Mark.

Thank you for the really nice software. I've downloaded rubycomplete
from vim-ruby.rubyforget.org and it worked smoothly.

But I have a suggestion for vim-ruby. It seems that the site has never
released source after Oct. 7, 2005. Is it possible to release a new
version including rubycomplete.rb?

Of course, it's possible to download rubycomplete via CVS, it isn't seem
to be enough. People who does not check CVS (like me) have trouble to
find new release. Just my one penny.

Sincerely,
Minkoo Seo

Mark Guzman wrote:
> Once again after some work and outside contribution we have another
> release
>
> If you missed the original announcement, rubycomplete provides a vim7
> omni-completion function (code completion) for vim. It is based on
> complete.rb, pycomplete.vim and ccomplete.vim. Any input is welcome.
>
> I've joined up with the vim-ruby team, so you'll find rubycomplete.vim
> in cvs at
> http://vim-ruby.rubyforge.org in addition to my site which will only
> carry my full
> releases.
>

> Whats New:
>
>  * In-buffer class parsing and completion - You can now complete methods
> for classes
>      defined in the current buffer. If you are within a class
> definition, the completion
>      code assumes your referencing self. Vim will attempt to load any
> inherited classes and
>      included modules as required.
>
>  * Initial rails support - rubycomplete now attempts to figure out if
> your editing a file
>      that is part of a rails project. If configured to do so, it will
> load the rails
>      environment ala script/console to allow completion of rails
> objects.
>
>  * Bugfixes - missing some range variable definitions
>             - fun crash when completing the list of global symbols
>
> http://blog.hasno.info/blog/segfault/dev/2006/04/1...
>   --mark
98db785802e9a97077709ba0889490a5?d=identicon&s=25 Doug Kearns (Guest)
On Thu, Apr 20, 2006 at 08:43:13PM +0900, Minkoo Seo wrote:
> Hi Mark.
>
> Thank you for the really nice software. I've downloaded rubycomplete
> from vim-ruby.rubyforget.org and it worked smoothly.
>
> But I have a suggestion for vim-ruby. It seems that the site has never
> released source after Oct. 7, 2005. Is it possible to release a new
> version including rubycomplete.rb?

Coming later today or tomorrow.

<snip>

Regards,
Doug
47b36de21d7ecbc824c81d24802a6290?d=identicon&s=25 Minkoo Seo (pool007)
on 2006-04-20 22:53
Hi.

I've installed vim7.0e and rubycomplete.rb. In GVIM on Windows XP,
everything seemed to be good. Unfortunately, however, it raises the
following error when I press ^X, ^O:

Error detected while processing function rubycomplete#Complete:
line   21:
NameError: (eval):143:in `get_completions': (eval):1:in
`get_completions': uninitialized constant Foo

Source code is as below:

class Foo
    def bar

arr = []
arr.collect

f = Foo.new
f. <- I've pressed ^X, ^O right after '.'

Is this installation problem? Anyone knows why rubycomplete fails in
Linux?

Sincerely,
Minkoo Seo
47b36de21d7ecbc824c81d24802a6290?d=identicon&s=25 Minkoo Seo (pool007)
on 2006-04-20 22:56
Sorry. I forgot to mention that this error raises on Linux only.

Minkoo Seo wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I've installed vim7.0e and rubycomplete.rb. In GVIM on Windows XP,
> everything seemed to be good. Unfortunately, however, it raises the
> following error when I press ^X, ^O:
>
> Error detected while processing function rubycomplete#Complete:
> line   21:
> NameError: (eval):143:in `get_completions': (eval):1:in
> `get_completions': uninitialized constant Foo

245cfab887781bdf3f53178b794c42dc?d=identicon&s=25 Alexandru E. Ungur (Guest)
> > Error detected while processing function rubycomplete#Complete:
> > line   21:
> > NameError: (eval):143:in `get_completions': (eval):1:in
> > `get_completions': uninitialized constant Foo
Linux version here as well, your code works, so it's not Linux
specific, but rather installation specific.

# ruby -v
ruby 1.8.4 (2005-12-24) [i686-linux]

# vim --version
VIM - Vi IMproved 7.0b BETA