Forum: Ruby on Rails Please help Me!

Announcement (2017-05-07): www.ruby-forum.com is now read-only since I unfortunately do not have the time to support and maintain the forum any more. Please see rubyonrails.org/community and ruby-lang.org/en/community for other Rails- und Ruby-related community platforms.
F3affd46d9454425d2db2e84b19dfb89?d=identicon&s=25 Naveen (Guest)
on 2006-04-19 12:52
Hi to this Group!

I am new to Ruby!

I am facing problrm s to find the database functions.

I want the source of sites for predifiend functions for handling the
database.

I develpong the shoping cart application, In that i am facing problems
to delete the perticuller item form cart .

I got idea to delete the total cart information  using sesiions

I want to delete the  perticuller item form order



I want only the source of sites of predifiend function


Thnaks and Regards,
-Naveen
Ad7805c9fcc1f13efc6ed11251a6c4d2?d=identicon&s=25 Alex Young (Guest)
on 2006-04-19 13:09
(Received via mailing list)
Naveen wrote:
> to delete the perticuller item form cart .
>
> I got idea to delete the total cart information  using sesiions
>
> I want to delete the  perticuller item form order
>
>
>
> I want only the source of sites of predifiend function
http://api.rubyonrails.com, particularly the section on
ActiveRecord::Base.
F3affd46d9454425d2db2e84b19dfb89?d=identicon&s=25 Naveen (Guest)
on 2006-04-19 13:13
Alex Young wrote:
> Naveen wrote:
>> to delete the perticuller item form cart .
>>
>> I got idea to delete the total cart information  using sesiions
>>
>> I want to delete the  perticuller item form order
>>
>>
>>
>> I want only the source of sites of predifiend function
> http://api.rubyonrails.com, particularly the section on
> ActiveRecord::Base.

Very Much thankful to u!

Please help me to learn the ruby and rails

With Regards,
Naveen
Ad7805c9fcc1f13efc6ed11251a6c4d2?d=identicon&s=25 Alex Young (Guest)
on 2006-04-19 13:40
(Received via mailing list)
Naveen wrote:
>>> I want only the source of sites of predifiend function
>> http://api.rubyonrails.com, particularly the section on
>> ActiveRecord::Base.
>
> Very Much thankful to u!
>
> Please help me to learn the ruby and rails
The best advice I can give you:  get the Agile Web Development with
Rails (http://pragmaticprogrammer.com/titles/rails/index.html) and
Programming Ruby (http://pragmaticprogrammer.com/titles/ruby/index.html)
books.
C45e8b0eac09ee52dd88142e99b1094b?d=identicon&s=25 Arunkumar Balu (arun)
on 2006-04-19 13:46
(Received via mailing list)
go to
http://api.rubyonrails.org/
there you can find the required predefined methods
F3affd46d9454425d2db2e84b19dfb89?d=identicon&s=25 Naveen (Guest)
on 2006-04-19 14:08
Arunkumar Balu wrote:
> go to
> http://api.rubyonrails.org/
> there you can find the required predefined methods

Hello Sir!

Went i creating the applcication
Every control is based on the Applcation Controller

But u given Active record methods

What is the difference  Give me idea


With Regards,
Naveen
36df5a25b0f7e1a39826370b91497167?d=identicon&s=25 Charles Leeds (Guest)
on 2006-04-19 14:58
(Received via mailing list)
At the risk of sounding callused, I think you will need to either read
some more web articles on Ruby on Rails or buy the book "Agile Web
Development with Rails" and read it before attempting to write a serious
application in Rails.  If the list were to start answering questions
this basic it would be fostering a "help vampire" population that asks
questions here before attempting to figure out the answer on their own
first.
This topic is locked and can not be replied to.