Forum: Ruby on Rails ror css

Fcf5e28e2e7ce245632a4a29896e6799?d=identicon&s=25 scott (Guest)
on 2006-04-19 11:43
Hi

pretty new to this ROR stuff, ive just created my first simple plication
using scaffold, was just wondering if anyone knows of any good tutorials
on how to screate custom css stylesheets for these pages.

also whats the best way to go about adding a footer / header html images
to all pages

Thanks
scott
On 19 Apr 2006, at 11:43, scott wrote:

> Hi
>
> pretty new to this ROR stuff, ive just created my first simple
> plication
> using scaffold, was just wondering if anyone knows of any good
> tutorials
> on how to screate custom css stylesheets for these pages.

There are quite a few books on this subject and I have my favorite
three (in order of preference):
? CSS Mastery (http://www.cssmastery.com/), review can be found here:
http://www.cssbeauty.com/archives/2006/April/
css_mastery_advanced_web_standards_solutions_solutions_review/
? The Zen of CSS Design
? Bulletproof Web Design

> also whats the best way to go about adding a footer / header html
> images
> to all pages

You can use the layout folder for this. It's explained in the Agile
Web Development book.
Fcf5e28e2e7ce245632a4a29896e6799?d=identicon&s=25 scott (Guest)
on 2006-04-19 12:30

> There are quite a few books on this subject and I have my favorite
> three (in order of preference):
> � CSS Mastery (http://www.cssmastery.com/), review can be found here:
> http://www.cssbeauty.com/archives/2006/April/
> css_mastery_advanced_web_standards_solutions_solutions_review/
> � The Zen of CSS Design
> � Bulletproof Web Design
>
>> also whats the best way to go about adding a footer / header html
>> images
>> to all pages
>
> You can use the layout folder for this. It's explained in the Agile
> Web Development book.

thanks for the links, will take a look at these and maybe get some.

In the mean time has anyone got any quick suggestions to get me going,
am I right in thinking placing a file scaffold.css in
public/stylesheets/ should automatically link in?
On 19 Apr 2006, at 12:30, scott wrote:

> am I right in thinking placing a file scaffold.css in
> public/stylesheets/ should automatically link in?

If you have a stylesheet tag in your layout file (rhtml), yes. If you
like to learn by example, you could look at the css files at http://
www.csszengarden.com/ The site shows you how the same HTML can be
rendered in any style using CSS both for formatting and positioning.

Best regards

Peter De Berdt