Forum: Ruby Publishing to rubyforge - is there a command line tool that

7572157852143be53747b2d08784cb6f?d=identicon&s=25 Jeff Barczewski (Guest)
I was trying to use the rake contrib task for publishing to Rubyforge,
but
it seems to use a command line component to do the work (which I don't
seem
to have :-) I believe this was contributed by Florian Gross. Does anyone
know where I get this extra piece to make this all work?

What do people use to automate their uploads to Rubyforge? Is this
publish
task the best way? I have many files to post each time.

All suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,

Jeff
On 4/18/06, Jeff Barczewski <jeff.barczewski@gmail.com> wrote:
> I was trying to use the rake contrib task for publishing to Rubyforge, but
> it seems to use a command line component to do the work (which I don't seem
> to have :-) I believe this was contributed by Florian Gross. Does anyone
> know where I get this extra piece to make this all work?
>
> What do people use to automate their uploads to Rubyforge? Is this publish
> task the best way? I have many files to post each time.

You can see what I do for PDF::Writer (and my other projects) in the
Rakefile there. I use metaproject.

-austin
7572157852143be53747b2d08784cb6f?d=identicon&s=25 Jeff Barczewski (Guest)
Thanks Austin, that looks like that will work well and appears to have
more
functionality than the other way, including posting the news items and
sending emails. Thank you for the pointer.

Jeff
On Wed, 19 Apr 2006, Jeff Barczewski wrote:

> Thanks Austin, that looks like that will work well and appears to have more
> functionality than the other way, including posting the news items and
> sending emails. Thank you for the pointer.
>
> Jeff

fyi.  i wrote and use this

it installs a rubyforge script which can be used to automate rubyforge
uploads.  i don't know how it compares to austin's approach but it's
very
simple.

regards.

-a
On 4/18/06, ara.t.howard@noaa.gov <ara.t.howard@noaa.gov> wrote:
> it installs a rubyforge script which can be used to automate rubyforge
> uploads.  i don't know how it compares to austin's approach but it's very
> simple.

The main difference, as I recall, is that you have a lot of hardcoded
values in your code. Metaproject may have those hardcoded values as
well, but they are well hidden from me, the user.

Florian Gross has also written a similar program.

-austin