Forum: Ruby Re: ruby-ldap on Windows (built)

> >> From: list-bounce@example.com
> > <snip>
>
> The biggest problem is that the win directory creates the wldap32.lib
> file - however, I discovered that this .lib is a known bad
> library, and
> so I dropped in the one from the SDK.  Without the proper
> version, even
> when I got it to compile, it would crash during a bind.
> Dropping in the
> .lib from the SDK alleviated this issue as well as all the build
> warnings about mismatched linker offsets.

Ah, excellent.  I already submitted a bug report about the build errors.
Could you please submit a patch on the SF site for Ian?

I also think there's got to be a better way to link against wldap32.lib
without creating a local copy, especially since the newer SDK's don't
inlcude a 'dlltool' command.  At least, mine doesn't.  I just copied the
dang thing manually out of the SDK lib directory.

Thanks,

Dan