Forum: Ruby Re: Google Summer of Code -- It's back

Announcement (2017-05-07): www.ruby-forum.com is now read-only since I unfortunately do not have the time to support and maintain the forum any more. Please see rubyonrails.org/community and ruby-lang.org/en/community for other Rails- und Ruby-related community platforms.
E29eaefee1709918198c8a4f55c42667?d=identicon&s=25 Anne G (Guest)
on 2006-04-18 19:23
(Received via mailing list)
Could a student work on ruby and opengl to make it easier to
use opengl somehow? For example all the examples are
translations of C opengl examples, they don't take any
advantage of ruby to use opengl...
47b1910084592eb77a032bc7d8d1a84e?d=identicon&s=25 Joel VanderWerf (Guest)
on 2006-04-18 19:39
(Received via mailing list)
Anne G wrote:
> Could a student work on ruby and opengl to make it easier to
> use opengl somehow? For example all the examples are
> translations of C opengl examples, they don't take any
> advantage of ruby to use opengl...

A 3D canvas that's as easy to use as tk's 2D canvas, and integrates with
popular GUI toolkits.
622fa8560c82dfaa59c91ec75efb0c19?d=identicon&s=25 Alex Combas (combas)
on 2006-04-18 19:57
(Received via mailing list)
I would like to join this as a student as well, thanks!
1fba4539b6cafe2e60a2916fa184fc2f?d=identicon&s=25 unknown (Guest)
on 2006-04-18 20:12
(Received via mailing list)
Hi --

On Wed, 19 Apr 2006, Alex Combas wrote:

> I would like to join this as a student as well, thanks!

Student applications will be taken starting May 1; right now we're
just gathering ideas and mentors :-)

You'll find details at http://code.google.com/soc/


David

--
David A. Black (dblack@wobblini.net)
Ruby Power and Light, LLC (http://www.rubypowerandlight.com)

"Ruby for Rails" PDF now on sale!  http://www.manning.com/black
Paper version coming in early May!
Ff63c03fd68754adbadd2c6314646bef?d=identicon&s=25 Bill Guindon (agorilla)
on 2006-04-20 02:20
(Received via mailing list)
On 4/18/06, dblack@wobblini.net <dblack@wobblini.net> wrote:
> Hi --
>
> On Wed, 19 Apr 2006, Alex Combas wrote:
>
> > I would like to join this as a student as well, thanks!
>
> Student applications will be taken starting May 1; right now we're
> just gathering ideas and mentors :-)

Well, I'm not looking to mentor, but I haven't seen anybody toss out
this idea yet:

Rails documentation system that gives Ruby/Rails something similar to
(but hopefully better than) the popular PHP documentation.

http://www.php.net/manual/en/
This topic is locked and can not be replied to.