Forum: Ruby on Rails ruby on rails and Micro$oft environment support - IIS & ms s

B072fc2897196b3bafcd337bc9c91e2d?d=identicon&s=25 Sas Sas (opensas)
Hi everybody

At work we've finally convinced the chief to develop some small project
using open source technology.

Unfortunately we are deeply involved with Micro$oft technology.

That means, windows 2003 server, IIS, MS SQL 2005 and asp.

I was thinking about recommending ruby on rails instead of asp, but I'd
like
to know how well it goes with IIS and MS SQL, because for the moment
there's
no way we could switch to apache and mysql/postgresql.

I've already found some resources dealing with rails on IIS

http://wiki.rubyonrails.com/rails/pages/HowtoSetupIIS
http://rubyforiis.sosukodo.org/rubyforiis
http://bitmask.co.uk/ruby-on-rails.html

And I did some (very basic) test with a sql database.

But I'd like to know if anybody had any real experience with such an
environment.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Saludos

Sas
F16def8015a7562a285c65a14be48540?d=identicon&s=25 Mathieu Chappuis (Guest)
> I was thinking about recommending ruby on rails instead of asp, but I'd like
> to know how well it goes with IIS and MS SQL, because for the moment there's
> no way we could switch to apache and mysql/postgresql.

http://made-of-stone.blogspot.com/2006/01/rails-on...

Here is the most complete guide to setup Rails/FastCGI with this #@!$!
http server.

Follow also the comments for a modified request_uri fonction.
B072fc2897196b3bafcd337bc9c91e2d?d=identicon&s=25 Sas Sas (opensas)
Wow, that's quite an extensive tutorial

I'll sure give it a try, and I hope IIS will be officially supported in
no
time.

It would really help spread rails development.

Saludos and thanks

Sas