Forum: Ruby on Rails wiki community

2556f60d9abd96ae6cb327229e0702b9?d=identicon&s=25 cybermalandro cybermalandro (Guest)
So I went to the rails wiki to check some OSS projects in ruby and I get
bunch garbage for drug ads. WTF?

http://wiki.rubyonrails.com/rails/pages/OpenSourceProjects
B07c187ac858535358faa9365b66e657?d=identicon&s=25 John Tsombakos (Guest)
On 4/17/06, cybermalandro cybermalandro <cybermalandro@gmail.com> wrote:
> So I went to the rails wiki to check some OSS projects in ruby and I get a
> bunch garbage for drug ads. WTF?
>

>  http://wiki.rubyonrails.com/rails/pages/OpenSourceProjects

Wiki Spam.. unfortunately, until the owners of the wiki put in some
sort of protection, it's just going to keep happening. I used to
revert the spammed pages I'd come across, but it's an unending battle,
especially with such an open system.

When you see a spam page, just keep clicking the Back in Time link at
the bottom, until you see the correct page, then click the Rollback
link to make that page the current page.
30ee518e6fdc5b07e060775b5a542bdb?d=identicon&s=25 Jón Borgþórsson (jongretar)
One of the problems with having an open editable wiki.

It's been fixed...