Forum: Ruby on Rails Configuring rails app on web server

D449d54c3b0f8c9930c11c7d7d3e6cdd?d=identicon&s=25 Surendra Singhi (Guest)
Hello,
I am newbie in configuring apache and deploying web applications, and am
trying to install rails 1.0.0 application on Godaddy web server. Lets
say the application is named `demo', and it will be present in a folder
called
`demo' on the web server. The web server in addition to hosting the
rails
application will host many other static pages in other folders. When the
user
access the page `www.mywebserver.com/demo/' he should be taken to the
page of the application.

So, what do I add in the `.htaccess' file in the demo folder, such that
the
control is transferred to the .htaccess file in the demo/public/.htacess
file?

Thanks for your help.
--
Surendra Singhi
Read my blog at: http://cuttingtheredtape.blogspot.com/
| Great wits are sure to madness near allied,
| And thin partitions do their bounds divide.
|
|     (John Dryden, Absalom and Achitophel, 1681)
`----
E9858a1070ab57b8cf068e8f9d54bb4a?d=identicon&s=25 charl (Guest)
on 2006-04-14 18:22
i'm trying to do something very similar, i have apache and lighty(rails)
and i want the public/.htaccess file to control all requests to lighty,
but also am struggling. i hope you get sorted, but if i find antything
solid i'll post it