Forum: Ruby on Rails RE: Re: Re: Oracle unit test problem in Rails 1.1.2/Ruby-OCI

> > On 4/11/06, Lori Olson <loriolson@labradortechnologies.com> wrote:
> Okey, dokey.  I'll see about posting an example.  Thanks for
> confirming.

Looks to me like there's actually two problems.  First, although there's
a 'limit' method, there's no 'scale' method for
ActiveRecord::ConnectionAdapters::OracleColumn.  Second, even if there
was, it's not being used in the schema dumper.

So, it looks like we need to add 'attr_reader :scale' to
schema_definitions.rb (which is where class Column, the superclass of
OracleColumn is defined) as well as add a line in schema_dumper.rb that
prints the scale, if present.  I think this would go around line 89.

Regards,

Dan