Forum: Ruby-Forum.com Integrating RForum with app using acts_as_authenticated

4191b0615d555a799befe7bc70caf6b3?d=identicon&s=25 Erik (Guest)
on 2006-04-12 15:49
I have have a small app based on an existing user system
(acts_as_authenticated) and I'd like to add the RForum functionality but
without requiring the user's to register/login in twice.

I'm wondering what approaches people have used for this (if any?),
should I try and:

a) migrate my apps user system to the RForum one

b) reconfigure RForum to use a different table than user's for its
accounts and copy the data over when a customer makes changes

c) be looking to run then both as completley different apps using
different databases (how would that work with sessions?)

Any ideas or suggestions appreciated

Erik
3d13b9cc4642287f0998655e3bdcea0e?d=identicon&s=25 Jean-Marc (Guest)
on 2006-05-17 14:26
Erik wrote:

> I have have a small app based on an existing user system
> (acts_as_authenticated) and I'd like to add the RForum functionality but
> without requiring the user's to register/login in twice.
>
> I'm wondering what approaches people have used for this (if any?),
> should I try and:
>
> a) migrate my apps user system to the RForum one
>
> b) reconfigure RForum to use a different table than user's for its
> accounts and copy the data over when a customer makes changes
>
> c) be looking to run then both as completley different apps using
> different databases (how would that work with sessions?)
>
> Any ideas or suggestions appreciated
>
> Erik

Hello Erik,

My opinion would be to hack RForum to allow it to use another table user
for the triplets login/password/e-mail.

I don't know yet what lies beneath RForum, being a complete rookie in
Ruby programming ^^;; , but I have a website project lying in a corner
of my brains, and that is the way I want to follow to integrate my
website to RForum. The forum should be the one which will integrate to
the rest of the website, not the opposite.

Regards,

Jean-Marc
Existing account

No account? Register here.