Forum: Ruby on Rails Rake not finding lib/tasks folder?

59ea1b450935b9d70abfec4186b7a4d5?d=identicon&s=25 Jeff Coleman (progressions)
on 2006-04-12 10:51
Hi all,

I'm attempting to set up a new Rails app using Typo.  I've downloaded
the Typo 2.6.0 edition which includes Rails 1.0 and it works fine.  I've
set up version control with SVN and checked out a new working copy.
I've run Capistrano -A on the application and it's set up my deploy.rb
and lib/tasks/capistrano.rake.

Rake doesn't seem to be looking in the lib/tasks folder for rakefiles,
though.

I'm running "rake remote:setup", which is defined as usual in
lib/tasks/capistrano.rake, but Rake tells me it doesn't know how to
build the task.

I also have a rake file called "fresh_start.rake" with a simple "rake
start" task which runs script/server for development.  Rake is similarly
unable to locate and build this task when I run "rake start".

I'm running these commands from the root directory of my application,
and it's a working process I've become familiar with on my other
applications.  It's just not working here.

Any ideas on why Rake wouldn't be looking in lib/tasks, or how I can get
it to start doing so?

Thanks,
Jeff Coleman
992fe8c19bbbc27f2b562a9f96efc03d?d=identicon&s=25 Jamis Buck (Guest)
Jeff,

Have you got Rake 0.7.0 installed? If you've got an older version,
that's the problem.

- Jamis
59ea1b450935b9d70abfec4186b7a4d5?d=identicon&s=25 Jeff Coleman (progressions)
on 2006-04-12 22:39
Jamis Buck wrote:
> Jeff,
>
> Have you got Rake 0.7.0 installed? If you've got an older version,
> that's the problem.
>
> - Jamis

I have Rake 0.7.1.  I'm not sure exactly what the problem was as I'm not
clear on how Rake determines its load paths for where it will look for
rakefiles.

However I did manage to work around the issue by adding the following to
the Rakefile which came with the Typo installation with Rails 1.0 that I
downloaded:

require(File.join(File.dirname(__FILE__), 'config', 'boot'))

Did config/boot.rb not exist in Rails 1.0?  I also had to add that to my
config directory.  I'm hoping I haven't broken anything inadvertently
but it does seem to work now, and Rake and Capistrano are working
smoothly.

Thanks!

Jeff Coleman