Forum: Ruby on Rails RedCloth versus BlueCloth efficiency

Cb33b32bd5d675db7be148542976e510?d=identicon&s=25 Sam Joseph (Guest)
Has anyone profiled the performance of RedCloth versus BlueCloth?

I'm starting to realise that RedCloth is a more mature ruby project,
although Markdown the syntax maybe more widespread than Textilize.

Apart from the syntax, does anyone feel they have a preference, in terms
of performance or number of outstanding bugs?

Many thanks in advance.

CHEERS> SAM
7a28bf7b0932a9486c21f1a33eb431ba?d=identicon&s=25 Tom Lieber (Guest)
On 4/11/06, Sam Joseph <sam@neurogrid.com> wrote:
> Apart from the syntax, does anyone feel they have a preference, in terms
> of performance or number of outstanding bugs?

I haven't used RedCloth. My experience with BlueCloth has been that
there are certain bugs that go away and resurface between releases,
and it's also quite slow. Caching is really important to keep it under
control. I use it because I like Markdown.

> CHEERS> SAM

Sincerely,

Tom Lieber
http://AllTom.com/
http://GadgetLife.org/
Cb33b32bd5d675db7be148542976e510?d=identicon&s=25 Sam Joseph (Guest)
Hi Tom,

Thanks for your input.  I just profiled the two in a rather rough and
ready fashion, and it seems like RedCloth runs aroun 20% faster.  In
addition it seems like the more mature product at the moment.

CHEERS> SAM