Forum: Ruby on Rails How do I apply a patch to Rails?

74592905ef38cd087e5b73c0955aaa18?d=identicon&s=25 Martin Smith (Guest)

How do I apply a patch to Rails?

From what I can find it looks like I need to be running on the latest
version from  SVN.

I don't want to do that however.

I have also tried applying the changes to the .rb file concerned, but
that didn't seem to work.

Martin
6783a6831dbd3839a1f03b0f416c2c6f?d=identicon&s=25 Ian Harding (Guest)
You may not have to.  I have had some luck with overriding rails bits
by copying them into config/environment.rb and
app/helpers/application_helper.rb and tinkering them there.

I was able to implement  text_field_with_index_auto_complete and the
associated auto_complete_with_index_for without patching anything so I
could use them for forms with multiple records.
A90204c955db033cd975f7bb0ec9600b?d=identicon&s=25 Ashley Moran (Guest)
On Tuesday 11 April 2006 15:58, Martin Smith wrote:
> I have also tried applying the changes to the .rb file concerned, but
> that didn't seem to work.
>
> Martin

You can also run "rake rails:freeze:gems" to get a frozen copy of the
gem in
your vendor directory.  Note that this was broken in 1.1 and fixed again
in
1.1.1.  Also, in 1.0 the command is different but I forget what it was

Ashley