Two versions of Rails on one PC

I want to have Rails 1.1 + Rails 1.0 on the same PC and be able to load
my script with a different version each time. Is it possible?

Fully explain yourself if you want decent help

well, you could do a few things…here is just my opinion.

install rails systemwide as 1.1 (actually, 1.1.2 is now available).

then for the apps you want to run as 1.0, run:

rake rails:freeze:edge TAG=rel_1-0-0

inside your app directory. this will install rails local to the app
(specifically, it installs rails to the vendor directory in your app)

if you want to go back to the system install of rails:

rake rails_unfreeze (normally this would be rake rails:unfreeze but that
is
a 1.1+ thing apparently)

for more options, run rake -T in your app directory

hope this helps.

You can do this quite easily with Instant Rails, as each is a
stand-alone
‘package’. Can’t have both running at the same time, though.

hth,
Bill