Forum: Ruby on Rails Easiest way to deploy a ruby on rails site

0de83fd56f1af530034ba8efa5490b1b?d=identicon&s=25 John Butler (johnnybutler7)

i am looking to deploy a ruby on rails site.  I currently have some
asp.net 2.0 sites hosted using IIS.  I have looked at some of the issues
with hosting a rails site on IIS and this looks more hassle than what it
is worth.  I tried it and i couldn't get it to work.

Can someone tell me what is the easiest way to get a rubyonrails site up
and running on a server running windows.

If it is easier with a linux machine then i can create a virtual linux
website server but need to know whats the easiest solution.

Thanks
B45eab4f18aa1bb2a44d6e657531a642?d=identicon&s=25 Alain Ravet (aravet)
on 2006-04-11 16:38
John

You could try InstantRails :
    http://instantrails.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.pl

Alain
I'm looking for testers of my "vgrails" VMWare virtual Rails server. :)

--
M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

http://linuxcapacityplanning.com
1. Instant Rails carries its own copy of Ruby/Rails, MySQL and Apache.
That would bypass IIS (and MS SQL Server).

2. I am building a Linux Virtual Machine which will include Rails and
will run under a Windows host with the new VMWare free server. I should
have a working version up on the web in a day or two; the build takes
forever but once it's built, I can upload it. Bill of Materials:

a. Gentoo Linux 2006.0
b. Apache (1 and 2 both)
c. Lighttpd
d. PHP (4)
e. Perl and Python (which come with Gentoo)
f. MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite and unixODBC
g. Rails
h. Subversion, CVS and Trac
i. RRDTool
j. R

This is a project on RubyForge -- the name is "vgrails" (Virtual Gentoo
Rails). However, they don't have the bandwidth to host a virtual
machine, so it will be on my web site with a link posted on RubyForge.

Watch this space. :)