Forum: Ruby ruby-doc mailing list?

2e34f386b20cb7c11c4204d699babd78?d=identicon&s=25 Chris Alfeld (Guest)
Is anyone successfully using the ruby-doc mailing list?  In the last
couple weeks I have received a single message from it, an unsubscribe
request, and my own post to it did not come back to me (unlike my
posts to ruby-core and ruby-talk).

Is ruby-doc dead?  Or is it some problem particular to me?

Thanks,
c.
Chris Alfeld wrote:
> Is anyone successfully using the ruby-doc mailing list?  In the last
> couple weeks I have received a single message from it, an unsubscribe
> request, and my own post to it did not come back to me (unlike my
> posts to ruby-core and ruby-talk).
>
> Is ruby-doc dead?  Or is it some problem particular to me?

It's just slow.

There are people actively working on improving the docs. They either
have CVS commit rights, or post the changes to ruby-core to get them
committed.  The list traffic is not indicative of the actual productive
work going on; there just isn't all that much people need to discuss on
the list.

--
James Britt

"Programs must be written for people to read, and only incidentally
  for machines to execute."
   - H. Abelson and G. Sussman
   (in "The Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs)
2e34f386b20cb7c11c4204d699babd78?d=identicon&s=25 Chris Alfeld (Guest)
Thanks!  I see the doc activity on ruby-core and ruby-cvs.