Forum: Ruby on Rails Inline editing of datetime and dropdown select objects?

66c680f88e8c379fe408d32299dfb4e6?d=identicon&s=25 Jim Jones (aantix)
on 2006-04-07 19:18
I don't believe that Rails has support for the inline editing of
datetime objects or dropdown combo boxes.

Does anyone have a helper function or two that would allow me to do such
a thing?
66c680f88e8c379fe408d32299dfb4e6?d=identicon&s=25 Jim Jones (aantix)
on 2006-04-07 22:41
Jim Jones wrote:
> I don't believe that Rails has support for the inline editing of
> datetime objects or dropdown combo boxes.
>
> Does anyone have a helper function or two that would allow me to do such
> a thing?

If anyone is interested, the latest update to "Ruby on Rails Recipes"
addresses the issue of creating a custom javascript helper for the
inline editing of a dropdown select list.

http://www.pragmaticprogrammer.com/titles/fr_rr/
Pay attention to chapter one, section two, "Making Your Own Javascript
Helper".

It's a great book; well worth the money.

Now I just have to figure out the inline editing of a datetime object.

-- Jim http://www.RunFatBoy.net
823a2f125138eb8bacc9575185e33ede?d=identicon&s=25 Torben Bruun (Guest)
Is there a solution public available for inline editing of datetime
objects ?

br

  Torben Bruun
760e5c90000057a6860986b69b77c400?d=identicon&s=25 John Griffiths (indiehead)
on 2007-09-20 16:21
Currently not, I want to do this for my http://www.atompad.com app so i
don't need a separate page for the reminders editing.

got the recipe book so will have a look into this, if it's not that
complex i should be able to bash it thru.

John.