Forum: Typo Strange problem

04d072ab8843cfd3d1714faf3a2a0fb2?d=identicon&s=25 mathew (Guest)
If you look at http://meta.ath0.com/articles/page/2 there's a posting
titled "Equilibrium".

If you click on the title, you get "Post not found".

Any idea why this might be happening? Nothing appears in the logs.

mathew
mathew wrote:
> If you look at http://meta.ath0.com/articles/page/2 there's a posting
> titled "Equilibrium".
>
> If you click on the title, you get "Post not found".
>
> Any idea why this might be happening? Nothing appears in the logs.

Found the cause. A spambot had posted a comment that was causing typo to
fail. I removed the comment via psql.

mathew
Dc3f3775a7d03ba1be8958aaee881d6b?d=identicon&s=25 Scott Laird (Guest)
Yikes.  Which version of Typo and which DB?  Do you still have a copyof
the comment, or do you have the backtrace in the logs that showswhat
happened?

Scott
On 4/7/06, mathew <meta@pobox.com> wrote:> mathew wrote:> > If you look
at http://meta.ath0.com/articles/page/2 there's a posting> > titled
"Equilibrium".> >> > If you click on the title, you get "Post not
found".> >> > Any idea why this might be happening? Nothing appears in
the logs.>> Found the cause. A spambot had posted a comment that was
causing typo to> fail. I removed the comment via psql.>>> mathew>
What kind of comment causes Typo to fail?  Could you post the text here?
Scott Laird wrote:
> Yikes.  Which version of Typo and which DB?

PostgreSQL, trunk from a week or two ago, Rails 1.1. If you want me to
be more precise, you'll need to tell me which file might have a useful
version ID...  (It'd be a good idea to make the admin interface display
that info, yes?)

>   Do you still have a copyof the comment, or do you have the backtrace in the logs that
showswhat happened?

There was no backtrace in the logs.

The spambot in question visits me on a regular basis. It posts
MIME-encoded crap, apparently thinking it'll get sent as e-mail or
something. It always uses my domain as the e-mail address, which ought
to make it really easy to block if blacklisting on anything other than
IP address is possible.

Next time I get one I'll try and extract the data and forward it. This
time I just did
DELETE FROM CONTENTS WHERE EMAIL MATCHES '%meta.ath0.com'

mathew