Forum: Ruby on Rails How to consume XMLRPC/SOAP web services in Rails?

94baf3cd7c30715565b63dcdb2fe31eb?d=identicon&s=25 Ingo Weiss (Guest)

does anybody know of any good HowTo for consuming XML-RPC and/or SOAP
web services in Rails?

I found some for Ruby (via soap4r/xmlrpc4r), but I was wondering whether
there is something built into Rails already. So far it looks like there
are methods to create web services, but not to consume them.

Ingo Weiss
55428cbf149e35dd4b65f1d019d04139?d=identicon&s=25 Matthew Palmer (Guest)
On Fri, Apr 07, 2006 at 08:44:33AM +0200, Ingo Weiss wrote:
> does anybody know of any good HowTo for consuming XML-RPC and/or SOAP
> web services in Rails?
>
> I found some for Ruby (via soap4r/xmlrpc4r), but I was wondering whether
> there is something built into Rails already. So far it looks like there
> are methods to create web services, but not to consume them.

AWS has client classes as part of it, and AWDWR has a small section on
using
them, but I think it recommends using the standard Ruby ones.

- Matt
Ce8b03e5750097942c58e12b46724312?d=identicon&s=25 Giles Bowkett (Guest)
I think that's correct. my recollection is that the chapter on Active
Web Services in the Agile book was based around acting as a server
more than as a client, and the advice is that if you just want to
consume those services, you're better off with the standard libs,
unless you need to construct stuff from WSDL.

On 4/7/06, Matthew Palmer <mpalmer@hezmatt.org> wrote:

> - Matt

Giles Bowkett
www.gilesgoatboy.org