Forum: GNU Radio Cygwin and the current tarballs

Ddd275ac1df6011fe31238280c4e8c8b?d=identicon&s=25 Gregg Levine (Guest)
Hello!
For want of a better location, I've downloaded the current, and
recently released collection of tar files from the Alpha GNU file
server. This by the way was done using the currently active release of
Cygwin. To make this work, at least to view the examples and such, is
anything else needed?
--
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8@gmail.com
"This signature was once found posting rude
On Thu, Apr 06, 2006 at 09:19:06AM -0400, Gregg Levine wrote:
> Hello!
> For want of a better location, I've downloaded the current, and
> recently released collection of tar files from the Alpha GNU file
> server.

If you picked the tarballs off of alpha.gnu.org you've got stuff
that's over 2 years old.

Use ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gnuradio or one of the mirrors listed here:
http://www.gnu.org/prep/ftp.html

> This by the way was done using the currently active release of
> Cygwin. To make this work, at least to view the examples and such, is
> anything else needed?

I don't know, I don't use that environment.  Perhaps somebody else on
the list can help you out.

Eric
Ddd275ac1df6011fe31238280c4e8c8b?d=identicon&s=25 Gregg Levine (Guest)
Hello!

I see. Okay, I'll delete that collection from my Cygwin setup when
I've got a moment and grab the newer stuff from the regular GNU site.
As for my ideas regarding Cygwin and GNURadio, perhaps your right.

Now a suggestion, it was my understanding that Alpha GNU held either
new software that was being tested people such as the GRUB stuff, and
that it was also used as a launch site for things that were being
prepared for release. Shouldn't this custom be continued and the older
stuff stored there be moved out and the newer stuff start there, and
when its ready to become newest be moved to the regular GNU location?

--
On Thu, Apr 06, 2006 at 04:54:35PM -0400, Gregg Levine wrote:
> stuff stored there be moved out and the newer stuff start there, and
> when its ready to become newest be moved to the regular GNU location?

(1) You didn't pay attention to either the release announcement or the
    wiki which specifically identified ftp.gnu.org, as well as the
    complete tarball names with embedded versions.

(2) We haven't used alpha.gnu.org in two years which is trivially
    verifiable by looking at the timestamps on the files.

(3) Nothing is ever deleted from the GNU ftp sites.  There doesn't
    even exist a method for a maintainer to remove anything.

Eric