Forum: Ruby Re: Using Gems on windows

Dbfe42fc2f2b9e82578936523b19cd3c?d=identicon&s=25 William (Bill) Froelich (Guest)
Thanks for the quick answer.  But I will agree with the docs that it is
certainly confusing for the new user like myself in an irb session.

--Bill
10d4acbfdaccb4eee687a428ca00a5d8?d=identicon&s=25 Jim Weirich (weirich)
on 2006-04-06 07:17
William (Bill) Froelich wrote:
> Thanks for the quick answer.  But I will agree with the docs that it is
> certainly confusing for the new user like myself in an irb session.
>
> --Bill

Take heart!  Here's the result with the most recent CVS version of
RubyGems:

  $ irb
  irb(main):001:0> require 'pdf/writer'
  => true
  irb(main):002:0>

--
-- Jim Weirich
> Thanks for the quick answer.  But I will agree with the docs that it is
> certainly confusing for the new user like myself in an irb session.

...take heart as well for PDF::Writer: it's developed on a Windows box.

-austin