Forum: Ruby on Rails session error in rails 1.1

F15fdc7cb2e911b3808837f2be244add?d=identicon&s=25 Adam Denenberg (Guest)
I keep getting this error in rails 1.1, does anybody know what it means?
My
site will be working fine, i do some more development, get a parse
error,
and then all of a sudden the page 404's with the following error

Session contains objects whose class definition isn't available
Remember to require the classes for all objects kept in the session.
(Original exception: uninitialized constant BigDecimal [NameError])

 Any ideas here ?  Clearing all the sessions and cookies brings
everything
back to normal.. not sure whats going on.  This is on Rails 1.1, Linux,
Ruby
1.8.4, Postgres

thanks
adam
89d967359903c639d31e4cad4569f537?d=identicon&s=25 Charlie Bowman (Guest)
You have changed your model since your sessions were created.  This
causes a mismatch and and the error.  Each time you change your model or
database your sessions will no longer be valid.  That's why clearing
them fixes the problem.
F15fdc7cb2e911b3808837f2be244add?d=identicon&s=25 Adam Denenberg (Guest)
Thanks for the explanation.  However my model and database (column
definitions) were not changed here.  Anything else that would cause
this?
All that happened was i had a parse error in an rhtml page, fixed it, i
reloaded and then got this and wouldnt go away.

adam
89d967359903c639d31e4cad4569f537?d=identicon&s=25 Charlie Bowman (Guest)
I'm not sure.  I know that rails will die if you try to access an object
in your session that rails knows nothing about.  What are you storing in
your session?
4daf0b71d5d9a3882e583c0e72eaf5dc?d=identicon&s=25 Alan Francis (Guest)
on 2006-04-05 17:25
Adam Denenberg wrote:
> Thanks for the explanation.  However my model and database (column
> definitions) were not changed here.  Anything else that would cause
> this?
> All that happened was i had a parse error in an rhtml page, fixed it, i
> reloaded and then got this and wouldnt go away.
>
> adam

This looks relevant:

http://wiki.rubyonrails.org/rails/pages/HowtoAvoid...
F15fdc7cb2e911b3808837f2be244add?d=identicon&s=25 Adam Denenberg (Guest)
hmm nice post, that does appear to be very relevant.