Forum: Ruby on Rails RE: RJS Templates?

F01c3ff32fee35d911e81c172a005012?d=identicon&s=25 Tom (Guest)
Here's something strange.  I have two machines, the first is Windows
running WEBrick, and the eval(request.responseText) is needed otherwise
nothing shows up.

My other machine, running the same code deployed with Switchtower, and
running Debian with lighttpd, doesn't need the eval() call, and if I
leave it in, my generated script runs twice.

RJS is very cool.  I'm just at the point in my app where I need this
functionality, and I'd just started building this all by hand:

	var foo = $('foo');
	var bar = document.createElement('div');
	foo.innerHTML = .....

Boy, am I glad RJS came along!
Cee0292fffa691f1fb320d5400200e99?d=identicon&s=25 marcel (Guest)
On Fri, Nov 18, 2005 at 06:31:43PM -0800, Tom Fakes wrote:
> Here's something strange.  I have two machines, the first is Windows
> running WEBrick, and the eval(request.responseText) is needed otherwise
> nothing shows up.
>
> My other machine, running the same code deployed with Switchtower, and
> running Debian with lighttpd, doesn't need the eval() call, and if I
> leave it in, my generated script runs twice.

Are you sure you are running the same version of prototype? Only
prototype in
trunk eval's automatically.

marcel
--
Marcel Molina Jr. <marcel@vernix.org>
5b9fe87ec1faa67a4599782930f45ec9?d=identicon&s=25 sstephenson (Guest)

On 11/18/05, Tom Fakes <Tom@tomandlisa.us> wrote:
> Here's something strange.  I have two machines, the first is Windows
> running WEBrick, and the eval(request.responseText) is needed otherwise
> nothing shows up.
>
> My other machine, running the same code deployed with Switchtower, and
> running Debian with lighttpd, doesn't need the eval() call, and if I
> leave it in, my generated script runs twice.

Make sure prototype.js is the latest version (rake update_javascripts)
and clear your browser's cache.

Sam