Forum: Ruby on Rails Does anyone have a primitive rake "deploy to test" script?

Would anyone be willing to share a skeletal rake script to deploy an
app. to a remote test server, set up the DB, etc.

Something to just get started would be great.

Old Ant person here, so fairly comfortable with the concept.

Thanks,
Wes
34f5b045aec62235c17458650ea75353?d=identicon&s=25 Steve Koppelman (hatless)
on 2006-04-05 05:42
That's what Capistrano is for. It's a high-level deployment tool built
on top of rake. The default initial setup and long_deploy tasks it puts
in deploy.rb are pretty close to what you want and should be easy to use
as the basis for your task, too.  The sample long_deploy task, for
instance, deploys the latest version of the app from SCM, runs
migrations to create or update the db schema, sets environment vars and
restarts the webserver.

http://manuals.rubyonrails.com/read/book/17