Forum: Ruby DBD::ODBC looks in /etc not /usr/local/etc for odbc files

All,

I had installed the freetds and unixODBC packages onto my Linux system
using RPMs.

These RPMs installed these two packages into / basically (config files
in /etc, libraries in /lib and so forth).

However, when I discovered that they weren't working, I gave up on the
RPMs and built the packages myself into /usr/local (config files in
/usr/local/etc, libraries in /usr/local/lib and so forth).

I then installed ruby-odbc and ruby-dbi (with the ODBC driver).

What I'm finding is that when I attempt to use the DBD::ODBC package to
connect to my database, the config. files are still being referenced
from /etc instead of /usr/local/etc.

How do I "make" the Ruby modules look in /usr/local for the config files
instead of /etc?

I don't really understand how Ruby is generating it's path's internally.

Thanks,
Wes
5a601582df3b42b65a5e8353fc9305da?d=identicon&s=25 Gerardo Santana Gómez Garrido (Guest)
You set the configuration files path when configuring unixODBC. Test
your ODBC connection with isql. Ruby ODBC only uses whatever was
configured in unixODBC.

2006/4/4, Wes Gamble <weyus@att.net>:
> /usr/local/etc, libraries in /usr/local/lib and so forth).
> I don't really understand how Ruby is generating it's path's internally.
>
> Thanks,
> Wes
>
> --

Gerardo Santana
"Between individuals, as between nations, respect for the rights of
others is peace" - Don Benito Juárez
http://santanatechnotes.blogspot.com/