Forum: Ruby on Rails Other options for SQL Server connectivity on Linux?

I am connecting to a SQL Server database from RoR on a Mandriva Linux
installation.

I am working through the following HOWTO to get the database connection
working:
http://wiki.rubyonrails.com/rails/pages/HowtoConne...

Any other ways to do it?

Any updated info. on such installations?

Thanks,
Wes
The existing HOWTO talks about using unixODBC as the ODBC driver manager
for the Ruby ODBC connection to SQL Server.

Has anyone ever used iODBC successfully?

Thanks,
Wes