Forum: Ruby Mixins and initialize/initialize_copy

9279a287c8b8f1ecb1aa4beca1002888?d=identicon&s=25 unknown (Guest)
Hello,
I have created a mixin module that overwrites initialize and
initialize_copy.
This works fine until a class that uses the mixin wants to overwrite
initialize
and/or initialize_copy, too.

I can replace initialize with lazy accessors. But I don't know how to
handle
initialize_copy:

The mixin manages some attributes and the initialize_copy method makes
sure
that cloning the object clones the managed attributes.

What would be the best solution to this problem?

Regards,
Rüdiger Sonderfeld <kingruedi@c-plusplus.de>
45196398e9685000d195ec626d477f0e?d=identicon&s=25 Trans (Guest)
Anyone who does this kind of thing should always check to see if the
method is already defined and if it is wrap it --NEVER just overwrite
these instrumental methods.

T.
D84df7c68f790e492c4ad4ec5fe65547?d=identicon&s=25 Florian Frank (Guest)
Rüdiger Sonderfeld wrote:

>What would be the best solution to this problem?

Calling super from the instance methods of your class?