Forum: Ruby on Rails Keeping 2 different sessions active together

548240c1431285c235ecf711293a7311?d=identicon&s=25 Yash (Guest)
Our web application shows pages from 2 different web servers. Each web
server has a session timeout period of 30 min. If I access pages from
just one server for 30 min without touching  any page from server2, the
session on server2 expires. Then when I access a page from server2, I
get a warning saying the session is expired. For a normal user, we are
projecting the whole app to be a single application. Seeing a 'session
expired' page when a user has been continuously accessing the
application, will be an annoying experience.
Is there a way we can keep one session active if the other is active?

Thanks,
Yash
E28c35323f624b8b9ed8712e25105454?d=identicon&s=25 Ray Baxter (Guest)
Yash wrote:
> Hi,
> Our web application shows pages from 2 different web servers. Each web
> server has a session timeout period of 30 min. If I access pages from
> just one server for 30 min without touching  any page from server2, the
> session on server2 expires. Then when I access a page from server2, I
> get a warning saying the session is expired. For a normal user, we are
> projecting the whole app to be a single application. Seeing a 'session
> expired' page when a user has been continuously accessing the
> application, will be an annoying experience.
> Is there a way we can keep one session active if the other is active?

I have solved this problem by with adding images from the other server.
Every hit on pages from server A pull a single pixel gif from server B
and vice-versa.

--

Ray