Forum: Ruby on Rails STI Broken on 1.1

0ff4b2f49c3df249959a4560c0e16510?d=identicon&s=25 Paul (Guest)
Yeah I'm getting major problems as well. I don't know what the issue is
but
I'm thinking of going back to 1.0

I would really like to hear if you figure this out, kind of an important
part of Rails for us.

-Paul
On 4/3/06, Paul <paul.marsh@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yeah I'm getting major problems as well. I don't know what the issue is but
> I'm thinking of going back to 1.0
>
> I would really like to hear if you figure this out, kind of an important
> part of Rails for us.
>
> -Paul

I make heavy use of STI, and it's working fine for me in 1.1.  Make
sure your STI classes are in files with matching names.
ParentClass in parent_class.rb
SomeSubclass in some_subclass.rb, etc.
6edd67c92a1dab5eb23fed79f3c18564?d=identicon&s=25 David Heinemeier Hansson (Guest)
> Yeah I'm getting major problems as well. I don't know what the issue is but
> I'm thinking of going back to 1.0
>
> I would really like to hear if you figure this out, kind of an important
> part of Rails for us.

There has been no reported issues with STI in Rails 1.1. And I don't
see any trouble in any of my applications that uses STI with Rails
1.1.

Please do explore the issue you're seeing and post a bug to
http://dev.rubyonrails.org when you arrive at something reproducible.
--
David Heinemeier Hansson
http://www.basecamphq.com   -- Online project management

http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/60635#57887

Wilson Bilkovich wrote:
> I make heavy use of STI, and it's working fine for me in 1.1.  Make
> sure your STI classes are in files with matching names.
> ParentClass in parent_class.rb
> SomeSubclass in some_subclass.rb, etc.

Is this a new thing?  I would swear I've put SubClass in Class's model
file before...

--
Matthew Beale :: mixonic@synitech.com
Resume & Portfolio @ http://madhatted.com
Matthew Beale wrote:
> Wilson Bilkovich wrote:
>> I make heavy use of STI, and it's working fine for me in 1.1.  Make
>> sure your STI classes are in files with matching names.
>> ParentClass in parent_class.rb
>> SomeSubclass in some_subclass.rb, etc.
>
> Is this a new thing?  I would swear I've put SubClass in Class's model
> file before...

Well, either my memory is b0rked or it is new, but regardless, throwing
the class definition in the same-named file did fix my issue.  Thanks
Wilson!