Forum: Ruby on Rails Setting up FastCGI for RoR under Apache 1.3.34

All,

I have all of the components that I need to install RoR under FCGI for
Apache 1.3.34.  I have:

mod_fcgi 2.4.2
fcgi 2.4.0 (developer's kit)
ruby-fcgi-0.8.6

I am comfortable up to the point of installing mod_fcgi, however, I
don't understand how fcgi and ruby-fcgi will be used by mod_fcgi.

How does mod_fcgi connect to fcgi and ruby-fcgi.  I assume that there
are environment variables that I have to set (or PATH modifications,
etc.).

If there is a HOWTO on this, please point me to it.

Thanks,
Wes
Based on what I've read so far, here are my educated(? :]) guesses:

1) Obviously, mod_fcgi is what allows Apache to forward requests to the
FCGI dispatcher.

2) ruby-fcgi relies on the FCGI developer's kit (fcgi) to work

3) mod_fcgi points to the dispatch.fcgi provided by ruby-fcgi

Will mod_fcgi redirect all requests to the FCGI module?