Forum: Ruby Why ruby GC takes only 8 meg of memory???

14b7344777a56ac9a1fad849f5d6da2a?d=identicon&s=25 sayoyo Sayoyo (sayoyo)

As I understand, The GC of Ruby can take only 8 meg of memory, I wonder
if there is any reason behide this ???? ot only a simple hardcode
feature???? If I want increase the GC memory??? how should I do
this????

Thanks you very much!!!

Sayoyo
B33ea5c12d767bfd1253940a960274f5?d=identicon&s=25 rmagick@gmail.com (Guest)
8 meg is the amount of memory that Ruby will allocate before running
GC. It's not the maximum amount that Ruby can use. Here's a good
description of Ruby's GC:
http://whytheluckystiff.net/articles/theFullyUptur...
On Tue, 4 Apr 2006, rmagick@gmail.com wrote:

> 8 meg is the amount of memory that Ruby will allocate before running
> GC. It's not the maximum amount that Ruby can use. Here's a good
> description of Ruby's GC:
> http://whytheluckystiff.net/articles/theFullyUptur...

that's good stuff.  thanks for the link (thanks _why too).

regards.

-a