Strange Problem with ActionController (I think)

I’m working through the Agile Depot example

I have no idea what I did, but when I try and delete something from the
web page I get this error on the log.

Processing AdminController#destroy (for 127.0.0.1 at 2006-04-02
22:28:06) [GET]
Session ID: 4371bd7ca2cb5ec5e08e60a7590df90a
Parameters: {“action”=>“destroy”, “id”=>“5”, “controller”=>“admin”}
Redirected to http://localhost:3000/admin/list
Filter chain halted as
[#Proc:0x013862e0@/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.12.0/lib/action_controller/verification.rb:64]
returned false
Completed in 0.00135 (739 reqs/sec) | DB: 0.00000 (0%) | 302 Found
[http://localhost/admin/destroy/5]

If i go in using the console, I can perform product = Product.find(1);
product.destroy; but using the browser, I can’t delete anything

I also tried using breakpoint in the destroy method in the
ActionController, but it never seems to get triggered, in fact, I think
the method itself never gets run… so i’m a little lost…

any help would be welcome !! :slight_smile:

cheers

oops, I realised I should have put this in:

my rhtml file has this:
<%= link_to ‘Destroy’, { :action => ‘destroy’, :id => product },
:confirm => “Are you sure?” %>

which results in this html on the rendered page:
Destroy

Hi Andrew

Would you mind sharing a little code? It might be simple. Might not
be.
Can’t tell without seeing some code.

Best regards
Bill
oops, I realised I should have put this in:

my rhtml file has this:
<%= link_to ‘Destroy’, { :action => ‘destroy’, :id => product },
:confirm => “Are you sure?” %>

which results in this html on the rendered page:
Destroy

The block in question is this:

before_filter(filter_opts) do |c|
c.send :verify_action, options
end

This is guesswork, with no 1.1 app or AWDR book, but ISTR that Rails1.1
puts a before_filter in the scaffold to ensure destroy is called with a
:post type. ‘link_to’ will generate a :get, which now won’t work.

Look through your controller for a before_filter which has something
to do with :method => :post and :only => {:destroy…}. Remove this
line and (if I’m right) you should be cooking.

A.

Andrew G. wrote:

oops, I realised I should have put this in:

my rhtml file has this:
<%= link_to ‘Destroy’, { :action => ‘destroy’, :id => product },
:confirm => “Are you sure?” %>

which results in this html on the rendered page:
Destroy

The block in question is this:

before_filter(filter_opts) do |c|
c.send :verify_action, options
end

This is guesswork, with no 1.1 app or AWDR book, but ISTR that Rails1.1
puts a before_filter in the scaffold to ensure destroy is called with a
:post type. ‘link_to’ will generate a :get, which now won’t work.

Look through your controller for a before_filter which has something
to do with :method => :post and :only => {:destroy…}. Remove this
line and (if I’m right) you should be cooking.

A.

Hi,
Had the same problem and removed this line of code that the scaffold
autogenerated:

GETs should be safe (see

URIs, Addressability, and the use of HTTP GET and POST)
verify :method => :post, :only => [ :destroy, :create, :update ],
:redirect_to => { :action => :list }

It’s fixed the problem for now, I’ll have to manually check all my
controllers that are linked to a db table though.

Thanks Alan, saved me a lot of time.

Alan F. wrote:

Hi Andrew,

How did you get on ?