Forum: Rails Engines User Engine - Fails to create users

A0fdde9231afc79ff35cb186690d087c?d=identicon&s=25 Roland Mai (Guest)
on 2006-04-03 00:28
Hello,

I have been using login_engine and user_engine for some time and
everything worked fine till I upgraded to Rails 1.1.0.

I had to upgrade engines, login_engine, and user_engine to rev 326
(which is the latest).

However, I am not able to create users or to allow users to sign up
because of the new engines.

I think it has something to do with User.transaction and the library

If you know of any fix please let me know because I would apprechiate
any help.

Thanks a bunch,

Roland
D9ff9c1eba9a908e3454d414b61f874f?d=identicon&s=25 Kevin Ansfield (b0rdslide)
on 2006-04-20 23:18
Roland Mai wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have been using login_engine and user_engine for some time and
> everything worked fine till I upgraded to Rails 1.1.0.
>
> I had to upgrade engines, login_engine, and user_engine to rev 326
> (which is the latest).
>
> However, I am not able to create users or to allow users to sign up
> because of the new engines.
>
> I think it has something to do with User.transaction and the library
>
> If you know of any fix please let me know because I would apprechiate
> any help.
>
> Thanks a bunch,
>
> Roland

I've having the exact same problem, although I've narrowed mine down a
bit. It seems to be related to FastCGI somehow, if I run the app under
SCGI everything is fine. It also makes no difference whether or not I
use PStore or ActiveRecordStore for sessions (it looks as though the
user object is never being put into the session when run under FastCGI)

Kev
D9ff9c1eba9a908e3454d414b61f874f?d=identicon&s=25 Kevin Ansfield (b0rdslide)
on 2006-04-21 00:15
Kevin Ansfield wrote:

> I've having the exact same problem, although I've narrowed mine down a
> bit. It seems to be related to FastCGI somehow, if I run the app under
> SCGI everything is fine. It also makes no difference whether or not I
> use PStore or ActiveRecordStore for sessions (it looks as though the
> user object is never being put into the session when run under FastCGI)
>
> Kev

I'm not sure if this was the same issue now. Anyway I managed to find a
fix for it here http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/59846#66662

Hope it helps others out too!

Kev