Forum: Ruby list.rhtml

0348fa3d994ac071598a9095196e248f?d=identicon&s=25 chriswillis10@gmail.com (Guest)
I have designed a messageboard and i have gone into lis.rhtml to make
it look better (changing the default title..... ect.)
But when i try to change the title .....ect nothing happens
Could someone please help me
Thanks
Chris
chriswillis10@gmail.com wrote:
> I have designed a messageboard and i have gone into lis.rhtml to make
> it look better (changing the default title..... ect.)
> But when i try to change the title .....ect nothing happens
> Could someone please help me

You'll need to provide more detail.

How are you loading/rendering the rhtml file?  How are you setting
template variables?  Are you restarting your application each time you
test a change?

--
James Britt

"Programs must be written for people to read, and only incidentally
  for machines to execute."
   - H. Abelson and G. Sussman
   (in "The Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs)
0348fa3d994ac071598a9095196e248f?d=identicon&s=25 chriswillis10@gmail.com (Guest)
Please could you e-mail me and i will send you the files.
Thanks
Chris
Be223e60c56535a0e465b84243aeb0d1?d=identicon&s=25 Timothy Goddard (Guest)
1. You've got the wrong list. There's a specific Ruby on Rails list.
2. It's discourteous to ask people to reply off list where future
newbies can't read how to solve the same problem. If you want help,
post the relevant material.
D337e2cf7c6d03caac6988d83e0e7f66?d=identicon&s=25 Michael Guterl (Guest)
I agree on point #2, but I thought .rhtml wasn't necessarily Rails
specific,
but specific to Erb.
Michael Guterl wrote:
> I agree on point #2, but I thought .rhtml wasn't necessarily Rails specific,
> but specific to Erb.

It's a Rails app.  I was E-mailed offlist.

The actual issue may be independent of Rails, but the lack of details
doesn't help any.

--
James Britt

"Blanket statements are over-rated"