Forum: Ruby on Rails [ANN] Instant Rails 1.1

C475cffda1800fbc3f3af17bc10c220f?d=identicon&s=25 Curt Hibbs (Guest)
Instant Rails is a one-stop Rails runtime solution containing Ruby,
Rails,
Apache, and MySQL, all preconfigured and ready to run. No installer, you
simply drop it into the directory of your choice and run it. It does not
modify your system environment. This release of Instant Rails is for
Windows, but there are plans for ports to Linux, BSD, and OSX.

This release upgrades Rails to 1.1 and the included Ruby runtime to
the One-Click Ruby Installer 1.8.4-16 rc1.

Two sample Rails applications come preinstalled: cookbook (which runs
with Rails 1.1) and Typo (which is still using its own copy of Rails
1.0). We will make another release of Instant Rails when Typo has been
made to work with Rails 1.1.

For testing purposes (both for us and for you) this also includes the
Ruby based Mongrel web server. This is currently available from the
command line only. See the Mongrel site for more details:

  http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/

The Instant Rails home page has links for downloading and getting
started
with Instant Rails:

http://instantrails.rubyforge.org/

If you already have Instant Rails installed, then be sure to read the
upgrade instructions:

http://instantrails.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.pl?How...
6ef90e6701684e1e1db2a07f25f781ff?d=identicon&s=25 Jiaqi Lin (Guest)
   The download link does not seem to be working.

Regards,
Jiaqi
29b15f133c26b6dac0e4954d61733db9?d=identicon&s=25 Larry Kelly (Guest)
WoW!  InstantRail with Mongrel.  Life doesn't get any better than this!
-L

On 4/1/06, Jiaqi Lin <linjiaqi@mac.com> wrote:
> >Instant Rails is a one-stop Rails runtime solution containing Ruby,
> >with Rails 1.1) and Typo (which is still using its own copy of Rails
> >with Instant Rails:

Best Regards,
-Larry
"Work, work, work...there is no satisfactory alternative."
            --- E.Taft Benson