Forum: Ruby on Rails need help(raidrails)

Ec5ea44b42812e61857a5646b4109194?d=identicon&s=25 andre hartawan (Guest)
I have installed radRails V0.6.1 When i tried to press
ctrl+backspace in editor ,the error come up "Ruby
Content Assist did not complete normaly.please see the
log for moreinformation."

what sould i do to solve this error ?

thanks

Could you give us your log output?
Ec5ea44b42812e61857a5646b4109194?d=identicon&s=25 andre hartawan (Guest)
the error command "java.lang.NullPointerException"

--- Akbar <akbarhome@gmail.com> wrote:

i have install One-Click Ruby Installer for Windows.
do i need run "gem install mysql" or not.

please help

> i have install One-Click Ruby Installer for Windows.
> do i need run "gem install mysql" or not.
>
> please help

The one-click installer does *not* include a mysql adapter.

"gem install mysql" will attempt to install the C-base mysql adapter.
To be successful you need to have a C compiler and the mysql sdk
installed.

Alternatively, you can install the pure Ruby mysql adapter, instead:

  http://www.tmtm.org/en/ruby/mysql/README_en.html

If you are running Ruby on Rails, it comes with the pure Ruby mysql
adapter.

Curt
Ec5ea44b42812e61857a5646b4109194?d=identicon&s=25 andre hartawan (Guest)
thanx for the info ,
buit i have another question.
i have read few e-book about rails and i tried some
exercise,but all table created in exercise always have
increment field (ID),can i change the increment field
with another primary key let's say (account_number).
I tried another exercise and i have my own table with
key account_number and i didn't put increment
field,when i tried clik 'show' link the error come up
'couldn't find Btb without an ID' (btb table name)
are there any trick to solve this problem ?

--- Curt Hibbs <ml.chibbs@gmail.com> wrote:

> If you are running Ruby on Rails, it comes with the
> pure Ruby mysql adapter.
>
> Curt
Yes, you can tell Rails what column name to use instead of letting it
default to "id". You'll have to do a search or look it up because its
not something I do and I don't know off the top of my head.

Curt
Ec5ea44b42812e61857a5646b4109194?d=identicon&s=25 andre hartawan (Guest)
can we put two table or more in one form,i mean can we
proced a transaction with more than one table in a
form,could you give an example ?

thnx
andre

http://mail.yahoo.com