Forum: Ruby on Rails set_table_name and fixtures

9c0eebc506c56c64dc616cdf123fa671?d=identicon&s=25 Chris Chris (aboulafia)
on 2006-04-01 09:23
Hello, I've encountered a fixtures really frustrating bug : model, YAML
file and db table names must be the same because of the fixture library
ignoring the set_table_name provided in the model.

Is there anything to do ?

Thanks
On 4/1/06, Christophe Gimenez <kandjidev@yahoo.fr> wrote:
> Hello, I've encountered a fixtures really frustrating bug : model, YAML
> file and db table names must be the same because of the fixture library
> ignoring the set_table_name provided in the model.
>
> Is there anything to do ?
>
> Thanks

Yeah, this bugged me too, so I implemented it as a patch:
http://supremetyrant.com/ruby/sti_compatible_fixtures.patch

At the moment, the core team doesn't seem enthusiastic about the need
for it.  Possibly there's some forthcoming redesign of fixtures in
general.

Still, I'll throw it out there if it has any value for you.

--Wilson.