Do not use java because it is not open source

Programing Languiges Are Ment to be free. That is why i am starting The
Coo De Tar thats french for Blow of state it is a flash/java
alternative and if you are going to use a server side languige use
Perl,Python or better yet Ruby. What is the point of a languige without
a standerd and without a open source distrabution. Coo De Tar will be
released as a api for perl,python and ruby. Java sucks because it IS
NOT FREE. I AM A GNU GUY I BELEVE THAT SOFTWARE MUST AND SHALL BE
FREE!!! do not use java because it is an oxymoron

A Propriatary Languige Is An Oxymorron!!! A propriatary OS is An
Oxymoron!!! Take Pro-DOS for example A Knock-off of MS-DOG, the worst
operating system it did not use ONE IOTA OF MS CODE BUT IT was a
sucsefull knockoff. same thing will happen to JAVA!!!

[email protected] wrote in message
news:[email protected]

Programing Languiges Are Ment to be free. That is why i am starting The
Coo De Tar thats french for Blow of state it is a flash/java
alternative and if you are going to use a server side languige use
Perl,Python or better yet Ruby. What is the point of a languige without
a standerd and without a open source distrabution. Coo De Tar will be
released as a api for perl,python and ruby. Java sucks because it IS
NOT FREE. I AM A GNU GUY I BELEVE THAT SOFTWARE MUST AND SHALL BE
FREE!!! do not use java because it is an oxymoron

Dear Mr Troll,

There are GNU implementations of JVM and compiler.

And just because Sun’s Java is not GNU does not mean it is not free.

Now go get a life.

LTP

:slight_smile:

Luc The Perverse wrote:

Dear Mr Troll,

There are GNU implementations of JVM and compiler.

Dumbass! If you knew anything you would know that GNU stands for “GNU
is Not Upen source.” That is why the Coo De Tar project is vital. It
uses a “WINDOWS Is Nifty, Dependable, Open, and WINDOWS Source”
(WINDOWS) license which is uber-open source.

And just because Sun’s Java is not GNU does not mean it is not free.

Sun’s JAVA is uber-proprietary.

Now go get a life.

Check your calendar!

On 31 Mar 2006 20:59:16 -0800, [email protected] wrote, quoted or
indirectly quoted someone who said :

Programing Languiges Are Ment to be free. That is why i am starting The
Coo De Tar thats french for Blow of state it is a flash/java
alternative and if you are going to use a server side languige use
Perl,Python or better yet Ruby. What is the point of a languige without
a standerd and without a open source distrabution. Coo De Tar will be
released as a api for perl,python and ruby. Java sucks because it IS
NOT FREE. I AM A GNU GUY I BELEVE THAT SOFTWARE MUST AND SHALL BE
FREE!!! do not use java because it is an oxymoron

If you can’t even spell, how do you hope to create a language better
than Java?

Oxymoron? Look that up in the dictionary.

Why NOT open source? Check how many upturned turtle icons there are
in the Java glossary next to free software. Without money coming in
to support it, the project dies when the original author gets bored.

Java has a standard, see the JLS see
http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jls.html
What it lacks is an INDEPENDENT standards body. However Java is in
much tighter shape than C++, SQL or any of the languages that DO have
a standards body.

On Sat, 1 Apr 2006 13:06:52 +0800, Luc The Perverse wrote
(in article [email protected]):

LTP

it’s April 1st remember

“steve” [email protected] wrote in message
news:[email protected]

released as a api for perl,python and ruby. Java sucks because it IS
Now go get a life.

LTP

it’s April 1st remember

Ah! Thank you

LTP

:slight_smile:

[email protected] wrote:

Programing Languiges Are Ment to be free. That is why i am starting The
Coo De Tar
thats french for Blow of state

No, “Coup d’état” is French.

it is a flash/java
alternative and if you are going to use a server side languige use
Perl,Python or better yet Ruby. What is the point of a languige without
a standerd and without a open source distrabution. Coo De Tar will be
released as a api for perl,python and ruby. Java sucks because it IS
NOT FREE. I AM A GNU GUY I BELEVE THAT SOFTWARE MUST AND SHALL BE
FREE!!! do not use java because it is an oxymoron

Your AOL is showing. Badly.

Bravo, yoo r write, a propriatary languish is an oxy-moron. I have a
rekwest zou: witch languish do yoo rekomend, bikoos yoo seem so a grate
programor, at list zis is wat eye beleve, judging by yoo spelling.
Alain

I love messages like this! Just when I think I’m about the dumbest
person in the World, someone comes in and sets a brand new all-time
low. Good Job, Dude.

But call your kickin’ ~ditrabation~, “Cooty Tar”, or something. That
will insulate all newbies to this list from a lifetime of idiocy. You
have done us all a great service. Watch out for alcohol poisoning. It
affects the speling senters of your brain. I sure hope
Google doesn’t escape HTML tags. This could be
important.

Jeez…

  1. Who says languages should be free? It’s nice to get things for free,
    but doesn’t always happen, and why should languages be special?

  2. Java itself may be closed source, but the JRE and the SDKs are free,
    and there are many free IDEs for it. Some of those IDEs are even open
    source

  3. You realise you’re on a Ruby forum, not a Java one? Not everyone
    here has ever used Java, and some are here because they don’t like Java.

mailing list. From there, the c.l.r <-> ruby-talk gateway picked it up
and posted it into c.l.r. Whether the gateway posted your reply into
comp.lang.java, comp.lang.perl and comp.lang.python (the original
cross-posted recipients) I don’t know… I hope not.

Oops sorry forgot about the link to the newsgroup (don’t use them
myself). Though, still, he must realise that his post seemed strange on
the c.l.r newsgroup.

On 4/10/06, Jacob F. [email protected] wrote:

Whether the gateway posted your reply into
comp.lang.java, comp.lang.perl and comp.lang.python (the original
cross-posted recipients) I don’t know… I hope not.

hmm… that’s a good question. Is ruby-forum posting to
comp.lang.ruby or the mailing list?

The list re-writes the reply address to: [email protected] AFAIK

quoth the Jacob F.:

Whether the gateway posted your reply into
comp.lang.java, comp.lang.perl and comp.lang.python (the original
cross-posted recipients) I don’t know… I hope not.

No, it wasn’t… not to comp.lang.python anyway :wink:

Jacob F.

-d

On 4/10/06, John [email protected] wrote:

  1. You realise you’re on a Ruby forum, not a Java one? Not everyone
    here has ever used Java, and some are here because they don’t like Java.

Actually, he wasn’t on the Ruby Forum. He, and most if not all of the
other posts came from newsgroups on usenet, and most if not all of
those from groups other than comp.lang.ruby. What happened is that the
original poster cross-posted his garbage to c.l.r along with those
other newsgroups. Replies were then also cross posted to c.l.r. These
posts to c.l.r were then picked up by the c.l.r ↔ ruby-talk gateway
and posted to the mailing list. From there, the posts on the mailing
list were replicated on http://www.ruby-forum.com/. Your reply posted
via http://www.ruby-forum.com/ was then replicated to the ruby-talk