Forum: Typo "Guid has already been taken" error

Bcad8f8161ce735b275c8445f7bceb07?d=identicon&s=25 Cory Vander Jagt (Guest)
hello -

sorry for the spam if there is a better place to look for this sort of
thing, but my old install of typo started acting strangely the other day
so
i tried to upgrade.  i wasn't having much luck, so i did a fresh install
of
the latest trunk release (977 i believe) and then imported my old
articles
from a text file.

that worked fine, except now, when i try to post a new article i get the
following error:

1 error prohibited this article from being saved

> There were problems with the following fields:
>
>     * Guid has already been taken

I've tried changing and even deleting the old guid's from the database
but
that doesn't help.  any suggestions?

thanks.
A52b0e1c5d982f2512a03c5dbfd033d6?d=identicon&s=25 Dick Davies (Guest)
What database is it?

On 31/03/06, Cory Vander Jagt <cdvander@gmail.com> wrote:

> thanks.

http://number9.hellooperator.net/
6451ee8093c9cedc94f6c813b4dde2c5?d=identicon&s=25 Kevin Ballard (Guest)
That error tends to happen if you have any guids set to NULL. I don't
know how people end up with NULL guids, but it's happened in the past
and caused this error.