Forum: Ruby Re: TrueClass/FalseClass vs. Boolean

> >  when Boolean
>
> would undoubtably lead to some nice logical constructs that
> more closely parallel the way we think.

Think 'NULL' in databases, where 'NULL' is may not mean true or false,
but unknown.  At the moment, NULL maps to nil, which is false.

> i've brought this up once or twice before - maybe we should
> just put together a patch and send to ruby-core?

It's been proposed and rejected by Matz once already.

Regards,

Dan
On Sat, 1 Apr 2006, Berger, Daniel wrote:

> Think 'NULL' in databases, where 'NULL' is may not mean true or false,
> but unknown.  At the moment, NULL maps to nil, which is false.

yup.  good example.

>> i've brought this up once or twice before - maybe we should
>> just put together a patch and send to ruby-core?
>
> It's been proposed and rejected by Matz once already.

i seem to recall this... link?  wonder why he rejected...

cheers.

-a