Forum: Ruby on Rails Updating to 1.1.0 crashes webrick on existing apps

4710a8ada2adc162aaee4288d9879d8e?d=identicon&s=25 Gerard Petersen (Guest)
Hi all,

I'm (well was) running rails on debian. After the update to rails 1.1.0
newly
created aps run great. But trying to start webrick for an old one makes
me
cry (see below).

Any docs on how to 'migrate' existing apps to the up and up?

Thanx n Grtz

Gerard.

=> Booting WEBrick...
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-1.3.0/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:112:in
`const_missing': uninitialized constant LoadingModule (NameError)

... and a lot more requires

--
"Who cares if it doesn't do anything?  It was made with our new
Triple-Iso-Bifurcated-Krypton-Gate-MOS process ..."

My $Grtz =~ Gerard;
~
:wq!
3dd4b52a0946bd698b1d1635a46ea3a3?d=identicon&s=25 François Beausoleil (fbeausoleil)
Hello Gerard,

2006/3/31, Gerard Petersen <mailing@gp-net.nl>:
> I'm (well was) running rails on debian. After the update to rails 1.1.0 newly
> created aps run great. But trying to start webrick for an old one makes me
> cry (see below).
>
> Any docs on how to 'migrate' existing apps to the up and up?

Have you upgraded all your plugins ?  It seems to me one plugin might
be attempting to do old-style dependencies support.

I had that often enough on Rails Engines that this page might help:
http://rails-engines.org/wiki/pages/Using+Engines+...

Have a nice day !
The official engines plugin supports Rails 1.1 - just blow your old
one away and reinstall it, or check the mailing list archives for
detailed instructions.

- james

On 4/1/06, Francois Beausoleil <francois.beausoleil@gmail.com> wrote:
> be attempting to do old-style dependencies support.
> Rails mailing list
> Rails@lists.rubyonrails.org

* J *
  ~