Forum: Ruby on Rails Test output from dispatch.cgi --- Rails 1.1

Ee7d2c5a09f9120326fae5686aa1bdcb?d=identicon&s=25 Jeff Whitmire (Guest)
Something weird started happening to me right after the 1.1 came out.  I
have an
app that has some ajax forms that I manipulate with RJS templates.
Everything
was working fine on my deployment server until Rails 1.1.  It still
works fine
locally, but the ajax interaction just stopped working.

Last night, with the help of FireBug (on of the best Firefox plugins
ever), I
noticed the problem.  At the end of the javascript returned from the rjs
template was this text:

Loaded suite dispatch.cgi Started Finished in 0.000233 seconds. 0 tests,
0
assertions, 0 failures, 0 errors

I noticed that this shows up since 1.1 at the end of some of the
generate calls,
etc., but it also appears during dispatch.cgi (Yes, I know I should be
running
fastcgi, but I don't have complete control of the server --- I'm working
on that
too).  It's screwing up the execution of the javascript and causing my
app not
to work.  Is there an easy way to surpress this for now?
C004d67820a114e24ccf6f2ddaf5b236?d=identicon&s=25 Richard Livsey (Guest)
Jeff Whitmire wrote:
> assertions, 0 failures, 0 errors
>
> I noticed that this shows up since 1.1 at the end of some of the generate calls,
> etc., but it also appears during dispatch.cgi (Yes, I know I should be running
> fastcgi, but I don't have complete control of the server --- I'm working on that
> too).  It's screwing up the execution of the javascript and causing my app not
> to work.  Is there an easy way to surpress this for now?

Are you using file_column?

http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/58700#50279

--
R.Livsey
http://livsey.org
Ee7d2c5a09f9120326fae5686aa1bdcb?d=identicon&s=25 Jeff Whitmire (Guest)

> Are you using file_column?
>
> http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/58700#50279

Aha!  That explains why I got little response on the IRC channel when I
tried
posing the question there as well.  Thanks Richard!