Forum: Ruby on Rails Re: Globalize DB translate not working in Rails 1.1.0

6c8168208017c6451244516d7c1be9c5?d=identicon&s=25 unknown (Guest)
Yep, Globalize isn't 1.1 compatible yet, we're working on it. Please
join
the Globalize mailing list to keep up to date:

Josh
http://shnoo.gr

--- rails@lists.rubyonrails.org wrote:
It seems
there have been some changes to ActiveRecord between Rails
> 1.1.0 RC and
1.10 Final that cause Globalize to fail; 1.10 RC was
> working fine. When
retrieving records from the DB only the base language
> version is fetched,
even when the locale has been set differently. The
> SQL in the log confirms
that Globalize is ignored and a regular find()
> is performed.
>
> Globalize::Locale.set('nl')
# switch to 'nl'; base language is 'en'
> article = Content::Article.find(article.id)

> assert_equal 'Nieuwe Titel voor Artikel', article.content.title
>
> SELECT * FROM content_items WHERE (content_items.id = 146) AND (

(content_items.`object_type` = 'Article' ) ) LIMIT 1

> SELECT * FROM
content_articles WHERE (content_articles.id = 146) LIMIT 1

> Anyone else
experienced this issue?