Forum: Ruby on Rails A few problems after installation

0acc5160338ad37b281451d449e47424?d=identicon&s=25 Charles L. (calande)
on 2006-03-30 14:28
Hello, I just installed RoR on my server together with cPanel. On port
3000 there is the Rails welcome page. Could you tell me how I can change
the home page directory? Currently, the home page directory is
/home/username/public_html, but I'd like to use RoR's home directory
instead.

I also have another problem: I put .rthml files and instead of the web
server parsing it, it returns plain text files.

Do you have any idea?
Thanks,
5b132632f47e8c7e2a83157cef4649c8?d=identicon&s=25 Agnieszka Figiel (agnessa)
on 2006-03-30 14:42
Charles L. wrote:
> Hello, I just installed RoR on my server together with cPanel. On port
> 3000 there is the Rails welcome page. Could you tell me how I can change
> the home page directory? Currently, the home page directory is
> /home/username/public_html, but I'd like to use RoR's home directory
> instead.
>
> I also have another problem: I put .rthml files and instead of the web
> server parsing it, it returns plain text files.
>
> Do you have any idea?
> Thanks,

Hi,

I'm not sure if I understand you right, here's a try: you could remove
the public_html dir and instead create a symlink called public_html
pointing to your app's public directory

--
Agnieszka
0acc5160338ad37b281451d449e47424?d=identicon&s=25 Charles L. (calande)
Agnieszka Figiel wrote:

> I'm not sure if I understand you right, here's a try: you could remove
> the public_html dir and instead create a symlink called public_html
> pointing to your app's public directory

Thank you, do you know where the RoR directory is located?
How can I have the .rhtml files to be interpreted by RoR?
Thanks in advance,