Forum: Ruby on Rails help : No database specified. Missing argument: database.

E5f13f139cceb7b62d28ff180a01bbca?d=identicon&s=25 freaky fashion (Guest)
    I'm new to Ruby programming. I'm wnt thru the example by curt in
onlamp and was stuck up in the midst of configuration.

I'm getting the "No database specified. Missing argument: database."
error when i tried creating a table recipe in cookbook db .

My database.yml contains the following entries

Development:
 adapter:mysql
 host:127.0.0.1
 username:root
 password:
 database:cookbook

Could you pls help me out to over come this issue.

thnx
joe
1c814a8b18126576c774babc160d1eab?d=identicon&s=25 Sainaba Sainu (sainaba)
on 2006-03-30 11:42
freaky fashion wrote:
> Hi,
>     I'm new to Ruby programming. I'm wnt thru the example by curt in
> onlamp and was stuck up in the midst of configuration.
>
> I'm getting the "No database specified. Missing argument: database."
> error when i tried creating a table recipe in cookbook db .
>
> My database.yml contains the following entries
>
> Development:
>  adapter:mysql
>  host:127.0.0.1
>  username:root
>  password:
>  database:cookbook
>
> Could you pls help me out to over come this issue.
>

> thnx
> joe

Hi

Change ur database.yml as

Development:
 adapter: mysql
 host: 127.0.0.1
 username: root
 password:
 database: cookbook

Regards..
On Wed, 2006-03-29 at 22:54 -0800, freaky fashion wrote:
>  adapter:mysql
>  host:127.0.0.1
>  username:root
>  password:
>  database:cookbook
>
> Could you pls help me out to over come this issue.
----
you need a space between the : and the name

database: cookbook
username: root

etc.

Craig