Forum: GNU Radio usrp_siggen.py exits on Mac OS X

Eda005397004a48854aa4b8c64c1cced?d=identicon&s=25 Jonathan Jacky (Guest)
Eric,

Whe I try to run a recent version of usrp_siggen.py from CVS on Mac OS
X,
it produces the requested output signal for just a second or so, then
exits.

I see in the source code, at the end of main:

      try:
         fg.start()
     except KeyboardInterrupt:
         pass
     fg.stop()

As I understand it, this code executes fg.start(), which returns
almost immediately, and then executes fg.stop(), and then exits from
main.

On my system, the code does not wait in fg.start() for a keyboard
interrupt.

For now, in my working version I've changed the end of main back to:

     fg.start ()
     raw_input ('Press Enter to quit: ')
     fg.stop()

That works as it should - usrp_siggen keeps running until I type ^C.

Jon Jacky
On Wed, Mar 29, 2006 at 01:55:59PM -0800, Jonathan Jacky wrote:
>     except KeyboardInterrupt:
>     fg.start ()
>     raw_input ('Press Enter to quit: ')
>     fg.stop()
>
> That works as it should - usrp_siggen keeps running until I type ^C.
>
> Jon Jacky

Thanks for pointing out the problem.

I'll revisit and fix.

Eric