Forum: Ruby on Rails RE: Problem with ActiveRecord, create, save, and Oracle adap

> Daniel Berger wrote:
> > It's a bug.  Try this patch:
>
> The patch has also been posted to Trac, waiting for it to be
> applied. _______________________________________________

Thanks Michael.

A larger question, that I didn't think of yesterday, was why am I seeing
this bug in the first place if I'm not even using the Oracle adapter?
I'm using PostgreSQL.

Does ActiveRecord try to load *all* the adapters or something?

Regards,

Dan
E75cda3e915fa209386fae3de962cb6a?d=identicon&s=25 Michael Schoen (Guest)
Berger, Daniel wrote:
> Does ActiveRecord try to load *all* the adapters or something?

Yes, all adapters are loaded by default. There's a config option to only
load specific adapters, but it causes an error if you're running from a
gem install of Rails.