Forum: Ruby on Rails Extreme newbie

5e44a8fc5e72f2ed8ca767e7c9d313d0?d=identicon&s=25 John McCarthy (Guest)
Hi, I have absolutely no web programming experience
(know basic html and have some ancient c++ experience)
and am interested in learning Ruby on Rails to get me
going quickly.  What's the best way to approach
learning rails for an absolute newbie?  I've looked
through the tutorials available through the Ruby on
Rails site, and even these are just beyond my level.

Thanks,
John

Pick up the Pragmatic Programmers' book and ask questions!
On Wed, 2006-03-29 at 07:23 -0800, John McCarthy wrote:
> Hi, I have absolutely no web programming experience
> (know basic html and have some ancient c++ experience)
> and am interested in learning Ruby on Rails to get me
> going quickly.  What's the best way to approach
> learning rails for an absolute newbie?  I've looked
> through the tutorials available through the Ruby on
> Rails site, and even these are just beyond my level.
----
http://pragmaticprogrammer.com/titles/rails/index.html

online via pdf or very likely to be in dead tree form at your local
bookstore. Starting to get a little dated - especially with release of
Rails 1.1 but still 'The Bible' of Rails

Craig