Forum: Ruby on Rails tagtools vs acts_as_taggable

Aad2bc6f60e0834d0463dab55b12b062?d=identicon&s=25 uranus (Guest)
on 2006-03-29 10:26
tagtools and acts_as_taggable are both folksonomy tools for rails,any
one who has used them both and can give a compare between them?
Grateful!
14f4ca83f4d8a2f6434c1e2a291fb512?d=identicon&s=25 Onur Turgay (Guest)
i use acts as taggable for a high traffic blog netowrk. its good and
extandable. I implemented tag rules and tag censoring in
acts_as_taggable and happily using it.
28c237c0c414b644082bfcde4e42b309?d=identicon&s=25 John Leach (Guest)

If by tag censoring you mean something like:

find_tagged_with(:any => 'music', :not => 'rock punk pop')

then I'm trying to implement that myself at the moment and am wondering
if you (or anyone else?) could help.  I think my sql skills are letting
me down.

I have it working with a sub select but I'm not sure that it's the best
way.  For the example above, I currently find everything tagged
with :any, excluding all rows that match the results of everything
tagged with the :not tags.

Surely there is a simpler way?

Thanks in advance,

John.

On Wed, 2006-03-29 at 12:01 +0300, Onur Turgay wrote:
> i use acts as taggable for a high traffic blog netowrk. its good and
> extandable. I implemented tag rules and tag censoring in
> acts_as_taggable and happily using it.
> uranus wrote:
> > tagtools and acts_as_taggable are both folksonomy tools for rails,any
> > one who has used them both and can give a compare between them?
> > Grateful!

---
http://johnleach.co.uk
9d49be3980606fea559772bf4fd37969?d=identicon&s=25 Onur Turgay (Guest)
No my filter walks tags one by one and removes the censored tags from
tag_list.